We’re excited to welcome you to Mid-Plains Community College. As part of the application process, students are required to provide placement scores. You score won’t affect if you become a student or not, it just helps us place you in the correct class.
Placement can be achieved in the following ways:
- Submit Next Generation Accuplacer®/ACT/SAT scores from within the past three years to the MPCC Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit official college transcripts showing that you have completed college-level coursework in English or math with a grade of a C or higher. Please note that electronic transcripts are accepted and official transcripts must be sent directly from where the credit was earned.
For students without prior test scores, college credit in the areas of English or math, or whose test scores do not meet required levels, MPCC offers the Next Generation ACCUPLACER®.
- The Next Generation ACCUPLACER® is FREE the first time you take it.
- The Next Generation ACCUPLACER® in not timed.
- You can take the Next Generation ACCUPLACER® at any MPCC campus, including our Community Campus locations in Broken Bow, Imperial, Ogallala, and Valentine.
- The Next Generation ACCUPLACER® is also available remotely for students who are not able to make it to a MPCC campus.
Schedule the Next Generation ACCUPLACER®
Call any MPCC Testing & Assessment Center:
- North Platte North Campus: North Platte Career Services at 308-535-3618
- North Platte South Campus: Learning Commons at 308-221-6433
- McCook: Learning Commons at 308-252-1828
How to Prepare for the Next Generation ACCUPLACER®
Practice materials for the Next Generation Accuplacer® can be found at accuplacer.collegeboard.org.
Next Generation ACCUPLACER® reminders:
- An appointment is required. Please call the Testing Center 1-2 days in advance of your desired time.
- A photo ID is required.
- If you are not feeling well or are displaying illness related symptoms, please reschedule your testing appointment.
- Space in the Testing & Assessment Centers is limited, and due to physical distancing requirements, guests will be directed to waiting areas outside of the immediate office space. Children are not allowed in the Testing & Assessment Center.
- Prospective students are welcome to take the Next Generation Accuplacer as part of their campus tour experience. If interested, please let Admissions know when scheduling the visit. Staff will coordinate the appointment as part of the tour schedule.