Tuition, fee, and refund rates are set by the Mid-Plains Board of Governors. Rates become effective at the start of the Fall term each year. Rates are subject to change without notice.

The rates for the 2023-2024 school year are as follows:

Rates are effective August 1, 2023

For-Credit Classes:

In-State Tuition - $104.00/credit hour

Border-State Tuition - $104.00/credit hour
for residents of Colorado, Kansas, South Dakota & Wyoming

Out-of-State Tuition - $135.00/credit hour
Fees are assessed for all courses whether online, distance learning or in-person. 

Fees equal $16 per credit hour and are defined as:

General Fee - $8.00/credit hour

Student Activities Fee - $1.00/credit hour

Facilities Fee - $5.00/credit hour

Technology Fee - $2.00/credit hour

Course Fee* - Varies per Class/Program

 *Military Veterans & your dependents qualify for Resident tuition

Get Started Now!

Choose from the options below to get started and be sure to let us know what you are looking for at MPCC.

Don't Worry! MPCC respects your privacy; we will never share your information with a third party.



To be eligible to register under the resident tuition rate at Mid-Plains Community College, Nebraska residency must be established according to these guidelines:

  1. Paraphrasing Nebraska State School Law pertaining to residency requirements, (85-502) a resident is a person who is of legal age or is an emancipated minor and shall have established a home in Nebraska where he or she is habitually present for a minimum of one-hundred-eighty days, with the bona fide intention of making this state his or her permanent residence, and which can be supported by documentary proof.
  2. If the student is considered a minor child (under 19 years of age) and his/her parents or guardian meet any of the criteria.
  3. If the student is absent from Nebraska, the duration must be for less than one year and he/she must have been classified as a resident at the time of departure.
  4. The student is married to an individual who meets any of the above criteria. All other persons shall be classified as non-resident for tuition purposes. Any individual wishing to appeal his/her classification should submit a written request containing the justification to the Area Dean of Student Life.
  5. Any student who has been classified as out-of-state residency status and believes he/she may now qualify for resident status must submit a completed Request to Change Residency Statue form along with documentation to prove State of NE residency status.
  6. It is the student’s responsibility to initiate the process once the 6 month (180 days) requirement has been satisfied.
  7. Residency change forms (Request to Change Residency Status) are available within CampusWeb Student options on the MPCC website, at any Registration & Records location in North Platte and McCook, and at any extended campus location, and above on this webpage.
  8. Examples of proof of residency include the following items, which must be dated at least six months prior to the date of the change request.
  • High school transcript confirming graduation from an accredited Nebraska high school
  • Nebraska voter registration
  • Nebraska driver's license
  • Vehicle registration
  • Payroll records
  • Proof of property purchase
  • Utility deposit
  • Tax return
  • Form and documentation should be sent to Registration & Records at any campus location. Tuition rate changes become effective once your paperwork is processed.

Mid-Plains Community College Board Policy allows a reduced tuition rate for students who have reached their 62nd birthday at the time they register for classes. Qualifying Senior Citizens will be charged $35.00 per credit hour (In-State and Border State) and $45.00 per credit hour (Out-of-State). All applicable fees will still apply. This discount will not apply to non-credit classes or situations where a third party is responsible for the payment of the tuition or fees.

Students should expect costs for books, tools, supplies, uniforms, travel and other items. Costs will vary depending on the requirements of each program and the needs of the individual.

All financial obligations to the College must be paid before a student may register for any new courses and before transcripts, grades and diplomas will be released. Financial obligations include (but are not limited to) tuition, fees, room and board, housing violations and library fines. Unpaid accounts will be at risk of being turned over to a collection agency.

Any student dropping a class before the class starts will receive 100% reversal of tuition and fees. Students must formally withdraw from any course they do not intend to complete.

After a class begins, students who discontinue their course of study may receive a prorated refund of tuition and fees. The amount of time the student attends, as a percentage of the total course length, will be the method of computation.

The drop/withdrawal date will be the date the student formally withdraws from a course. An official written request is required. Failure of the student to attend a class does not dismiss a student’s responsibility to pay an unpaid balance owed to the college on courses not officially dropped.

Official Registration/Registration Change forms are available at campus Welcome Centers or online at

All days are included in the computation including Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.

A student is entitled to a refund computed on the following formula and tables:

Drops: 12.5% (census date) - 100% (tuition & fees)

Withdrawals: 25% - 60% (tuition only)

Withdrawals: Over 25% - No Refund

One and two day classes are excluded from refunds after the beginning session. In order to receive a refund, a student must first have contacted their advisor to complete the drop/withdraw process. Refund checks are issued by mail by the College Business Office. If the student has an unpaid balance owed to the college the refund will be reduced by the amount of the unpaid balance.

Students who have credit balances will receive a refund within 30 days.

A student has the right to release non-directory information about their educational records to specific individuals, businesses or organizations. Records pertaining to enrollment information, class attendance, student billing, account holds, financial aid or athletic or residence hall experiences, as examples, can be designated to others and revoked at the student’s discretion. Forms for Permission to Release Non-Directory Information can be obtained in any campus Welcome Center, at the college website or found on the Students section of CampusWeb.

Students initiate this process by submitting a written request for an exception to an add, drop, or withdrawal deadline or to a college financial policy as outlined in Student Accounts or Residence Life documents and handbooks.

  • The request is submitted via electronic form.

  • The request should include Student’s name and contact information, what the student would like to have happened and why. Also, documentation that provides evidence that unusual circumstances prevented the student from taking action within standard deadlines.

Important Note

If the Financial Aid Office has not received your required paperwork early enough to complete your financial aid package (tuition waiver, PELL, SEOG, NSG, Stafford, Scholarships, or any other type of waiver), you must be prepared to pay the balance due from other means.

Please let the Welcome Center know if your address has changed.