The Auto Body Technology program provides students with the basic knowledge and skills for all phases of the auto body industry using the latest equipment and training materials. Options available to the students include an Associate of Applied Science Degree, Diploma-44 Credit Hours, or a Basic Auto Body Certificate.
What's New in Transportation
2017 MPCC raffle car headed to Gering
The 2017 Mid-Plains Community College raffle car, a 1965 Chevrolet Impala, will be on display in Gering this weekend. It will be at the Rock-N-Roll Father's Day Classic Car Show at the Five Rocks Amphitheater on Friday and Saturday.
MPCC unveils 2017 raffle car
The 2017 Mid-Plains Community College raffle car is a 1965 Chevrolet Impala. The car was unveiled Monday at North Platte Buick GMC.
MPCC to reveal 2017 raffle car
The public will get its first look at the 2017 Mid-Plains Community College raffle car on Monday. An unveiling ceremony is planned for noon at North Platte Buick GMC, (formerly Bob Spady Buick-GMC), 2302 East Fourth St.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards and related safety practices associated with the auto body shop environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of personal and work characteristics that contribute to an effective job performance.
- Use effective communication skills appropriate to the auto body field.
- Apply the theory of auto body technology using critical thinking/reasoning skills and the ability to work independently.
- Use appropriate mathematical data and reasoning skills.
Employment opportunities include independent repair shops, automotive service departments, self employment, factory representatives, and insurance adjusters.
Gainful Employment Information
Auto Body Technology Diploma
Basic Auto Body Certificate
Recommended General Education Electives
In addition to the required program courses, students may consider Supervisory Management, Introduction to Marketing, Entrepreneurship, or classes in auto mechanics, diesel, welding/machine shop, computers or other courses recommended by the advisor.