The Auto Body Technology program provides students with the basic knowledge and skills for all phases of the auto body industry using the latest equipment and training materials. Options available to the students include an Associate of Applied Science Degree, Diploma-44 Credit Hours, or a Basic Auto Body Certificate.
What's New in Transportation
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards and related safety practices associated with the auto body shop environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of personal and work characteristics that contribute to an effective job performance.
- Use effective communication skills appropriate to the auto body field.
- Apply the theory of auto body technology using critical thinking/reasoning skills and the ability to work independently.
- Use appropriate mathematical data and reasoning skills.
Employment opportunities include independent repair shops, automotive service departments, self employment, factory representatives, and insurance adjusters.
Recommended General Education Electives
In addition to the required program courses, students may consider Supervisory Management, Introduction to Marketing, Entrepreneurship, or classes in auto mechanics, diesel, welding/machine shop, computers or other courses recommended by the advisor.