The Automotive Technology Program provides fundamental knowledge, skills, and training necessary for entry-level employment or career advancement as an automotive technician. Electronics and computerization are emphasized to meet the changing demands of the automotive industry.
Award options include an Associate of Applied Science degree and five certificates (Basic Engine & Electrical Repair, Transmission & Drive Line, Suspension & Alignment, Tune-up and Automotive Technology).
What's New in Transportation
Johnson Lake resident wins MPCC raffle car
A Johnson Lake woman is the winner of the 2017 Mid-Plains Community College raffle car. Linda Ridenour's name was drawn at 3 p.m. Saturday during Colonel Cody's Cruise Show and Shine in downtown North Platte.
Last chance to buy MPCC raffle car tickets
Time is running out to buy a ticket for the 2017 Mid-Plains Community College raffle car. A winner will be announced at 3 p.m. during Colonel Cody’s Cruise Show and Shine in North Platte on Saturday.
- Have knowledge of hazards and related safety practices associated with the auto mechanics field.
- Perform tasks related to entry level employment in auto mechanics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of personal and work characteristics that contribute to an effective job performance.
- Use effective communication skills appropriate to the auto mechanics field.
- Apply the theory of auto mechanics to specific jobs using critical thinking/reasoning skills and the ability to work independently.
- Use mathematical data and reasoning skills in relation to auto mechanics.
A variety of employment opportunities include automotive dealerships, independent repair shops, specialty repair shops, automotive sales, factory representative, or private ownership of a repair business.
Gainful Employment Information
Automotive Technology Diploma
Automotive Technology Certificate
Customization & Restoration Certificate
Recommended General Education Electives
BSAD 1100 Personal Finance
ENGL 1040 Basic Technical Communication
SPCH 1090 Fundamentals of Human Communication
Appropriate Business or Computer Course
Appropriate Math Course