The Auto Body Technology program provides students with the basic knowledge and skills for all phases of the auto body industry using the latest equipment and training materials. Options available to the students include an Associate of Applied Science Degree, Diploma-44 Credit Hours, or a Basic Auto Body Certificate.
What's New in Transportation
Ogallala man wins hood decorating contest
Savión Smith, of Ogallala, is the winner of North Platte Community College's 2017 Hood Decorating Contest. NPCC's Auto Body Technology department hosted the competition on Thursday as a fun end to a class project.
Johnson Lake resident wins MPCC raffle car
A Johnson Lake woman is the winner of the 2017 Mid-Plains Community College raffle car. Linda Ridenour's name was drawn at 3 p.m. Saturday during Colonel Cody's Cruise Show and Shine in downtown North Platte.
Last chance to buy MPCC raffle car tickets
Time is running out to buy a ticket for the 2017 Mid-Plains Community College raffle car. A winner will be announced at 3 p.m. during Colonel Cody’s Cruise Show and Shine in North Platte on Saturday.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hazards and related safety practices associated with the auto body shop environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of personal and work characteristics that contribute to an effective job performance.
- Use effective communication skills appropriate to the auto body field.
- Apply the theory of auto body technology using critical thinking/reasoning skills and the ability to work independently.
- Use appropriate mathematical data and reasoning skills.
Employment opportunities include independent repair shops, automotive service departments, self employment, factory representatives, and insurance adjusters.
Gainful Employment Information
Auto Body Technology Diploma
Basic Auto Body Certificate
Customization & Restoration Certificate
Recommended General Education Electives
In addition to the required program courses, students may consider Supervisory Management, Introduction to Marketing, Entrepreneurship, or classes in auto mechanics, diesel, welding/machine shop, computers or other courses recommended by the advisor.