Tuition Cost

Tuition, fee, and refund rates are set by the Mid-Plains Board of Governors. Rates become effective at the start of the Fall term each year. Rates are subject to change without notice.

The rates for the 2018-2019 school year are as follows:

Rates are effective August 19, 2018

For-Credit Classes:

In-State Tuition - $92.00/credit hour*

Border-State Tuition - $92.00/credit hour
for residents of Colorado, Kansas, South Dakota & Wyoming

Out-of-State Tuition - $120.00/credit hour

Fees are assessed for all courses whether online, distance learning or in-person. Fees equal $15 per credit hour and are defined as:

General Fee - $8.00/credit hour

Student Activities Fee - $2.00/credit hour

Facilities Fee - $5.00/credit hour

Course Fee * - Varies per Class/Program

 *Military Veterans & your dependents qualify for Resident tuition

Get Started Now!

Choose from the options below to get started and be sure to let us know what you are looking for at MPCC.
Don't Worry! MPCC respects your privacy; we will never share your information with a third party.

Request Info


Extenuating circumstances may be considered when a student uses the Withdrawal Appeals process. A student asking for an exception to a withdrawal deadline or to tuition/fee charges assessed to them may submit a written appeal request. The request should include the student’s name and current mailing address, the situation the student is hoping to have evaluated (i.e. change of grade or refund of charges), the reason the situation developed (including supporting documentation, if available) and the student’s signature. The Appeals Panel convenes monthly and requests received by the 10th of each month are evaluated that same month. Mail Appeal requests to: Withdrawal Appeals Panel, Mid-Plains Community College, 601 West State Farm Road, North Platte, NE 69101.

Important Note

If the Financial Aid Office has not received your required paperwork early enough to complete your financial aid package (tuition waiver, PELL, SEOG, NSG, Stafford, Scholarships, or any other type of waiver), you must be prepared to pay the balance due from other means.

Please let the Welcome Center know if your address has changed.