Transfer to MPCC

How to Transfer Course Credits to MPCC

Students who have attended a post-secondary institution within the United States and wish to receive an evaluation of credit prior to registration at MPCC, must submit an official transcript from all previous regionally-accredited colleges or universities attended to the address below at least 30 days prior to the registration date:

Attn: Transfer Credit Evaluations
Mid-Plains Community College
1205 E 3rd St
McCook NE 69001

If your previous institution uses an eTranscript service, select or enter "Mid-Plains Community College" as the transcript recipient, or if an e-mail address is required, please request an official copy of your transcript be sent to Transcripts received directly from the student are deemed unofficial.

For evaluation of transfer credit from institutions outside of the United States, the student is responsible for requesting that a detailed course-by-course report be sent to the address directly above from an approved credential evaluating service agency. The current MPCC approved agencies are:

Once the evaluation is complete, an e-mail is sent to students' MPCC e-mail address notifying them that transfer credit has been entered onto their student record and is viewable within the "Unofficial Transcript" option within their CampusWeb account (under Student, Grades, and Transcripts).  The student's "Degree Audit" in CampusWeb will summarize institutional requirements and indicate how the transfer credit applies to these requirements (under Student, Advising).

How will my course transfer to MPCC?

The MPCC Transfer Guide lists common transfer courses from regionally-accredited institutions within the United States.  If you are not seeing your courses or institution listed within this guide, please contact Registration and Records at (308)345-8110 for assistance.

Courses from regionally-accredited institutions in which a grade equivalent to “C” or above has been earned will be considered for transfer credit to Mid-Plains Community College. College courses in which a grade equivalent to a “C-” or below has been earned will not be considered for transfer credit.  Note: Grades and courses taken at other institutions will not replace grades in equivalent courses taken at MPCC.

Questions about transfer credit evaluations?

Contact Registration & Records via one of the following modes:

A student who has attended a regionally-accredited post-secondary institution other than MPCC must submit:

  • MPCC Admissions Application
  • Official high school transcript indicating graduation date or official GED transcript
  • Official college transcript with degree conferred if applicable
  • Placement exam if needed for program or coursework

Get Started Now!

Choose from the options below to get started and be sure to let us know what you are looking for at MPCC.
Don't Worry! MPCC respects your privacy; we will never share your information with a third party.

Request Info